a collaborative painting workshop
this project supports:
- Team Building
- Creative Collaboration
- Raising a Voice for Peace
- Best for groups of 6 – 15 students
- Grades 4 – 12
For more information and to see photos from previous workshops click here.
For San Francisco Bay Area Schools:
Please sign up to have a Banners for Peace workshop as an After-School Program, or, in conjunction with an existing Art Class. Please contact us for more information. A 10 week workshop costs $1,600 for a single facilitator and all necessary arts supplies.
Elsewhere in the United States, join in the fun by creating a Banner for Peace on your own. We will provide you will all the necessary information to host a successful workshop. To request information and/or purchase your Banners for Peace kit, please email us through our Contact page.
How it Works:
- The Banners for Peace workshop is a collaborative arts initiative inviting schools to organize a group of students to participate in the painting of a giant work of art with a simple up-lifting slogan and unique design.
- Banner painting workshops meet for 60-90-minute sessions, one day a week, for eight-ten weeks as either an after-school program, or in conjunction with an existing art class. (workshop length, size, and duration can all be modified to meet specific needs)
- These workshops provide a group of students the opportunity to work together to design, decorate, and paint a banner to reflect their voice and vision for peace.
To get your school staeted in a Banners for Peace workshop,
please contact Ross Holzman at email@example.com